IT leaders can now enable their users to run Windows 11 on Arm with Parallels Desktop for Mac, with support from Alludo and assurance that Microsoft has authorized this solution.
Today’s official announcement highlights how Parallels Desktop is the only third-party solution for using Windows 11 on Mac with Apple Silicon that has been recognized by Microsoft. Parallels Desktop bridges the technology gap between the two operating systems by enabling a virtualized environment capable of running Windows 11 Pro and Enterprise editions as a guest operating system on Mac with Apple silicon.
This is especially great news for Mac users who are passionate about their devices and become frustrated when they need to access applications that are only available on Windows operating systems. Running Parallels Desktop in a virtualized environment allows the user to choose their favored device type (often a Mac) and enable Windows-based applications to run, providing the best of both worlds for the end user.
For more information on today’s news and related Parallels Desktop customer stories, check out these additional resources:
- Official press release
- Parallels Desktop landing page
- Parallels Desktop Spotlight: Making life easier for IT admins
- Parallels Desktop Spotlight: How a child with dyslexia uses Parallels to expand their world
- Parallels Desktop Spotlight: How a travel company found the best of both worlds
- Parallels Desktop Spotlight: Helping the helpdesk
- Parallels Desktop Spotlight: All hands on de(sktop)